Sunday, September 21, 2008

Everybody Dance Now

On occasion, usually post dinner when bellies are full and the kids are trying to avoid bed and we are avoiding the kitchen clean up, we have been known to crank the tunes and throw an impromptu dance party in the living room. Those who have had the rare opportunity to witness such an event will testify that somewhere deep in the genes (Sanity's side) there are moves!!

I have absolutely no rhythm- and I am not just saying that - I really don't. Once I came to realize that I am rhythmically challenged- much of my childhood was explained (why I had to revert to the step touch during every high school dance). But that is the great thing about kids - they don't care - not even a little bit. As a matter of fact, the stranger the move the better.

Finally surrounded by people who can truly appreciate my talents - I let it roll. It is so fun and usually leaves me with sore cheeks from laughing so hard. Crazy #3 added some never before seen moves to his repitoire tonight, leaving me in stitches. So, my suggestion for the day, let loose and cut a rug when nobody is watching and just see if you can stop smiling.

PS - the High School Musical Songs are really catchy!!

1 comment:

Harlene said...

I can picture all those crazy Daytons now!