Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Village

They say it takes a village to raise a child. And I just have to say - I really like my village.

My village has people who are always checking in on me, who invite me and my crazy crew over to dinner knowing I have had a long day (even though they just had a baby and I should be fixing them dinner), who pull my weeds, who bring by funny books to help me pass the time at night and keep me laughing, who (even though running late themselves) run back into the house to bring Hot Tamales to the movies because they remember that I love them with the movie popcorn.

My village is filled with people who call and schedule fun lunches (and Birthday dinners), who care, who leave incredible Boo baskets on your front door (which just happened to brighten the worst day I have had in a long time!!), who offer to watch the kids so often that I can't refuse, who randomly drop off brownies and cookies, who seem to call at just the right time.

My village is full of people who are constantly taking care of each other, who are thoughtful, who I know I can count on and who I wouldn't want to live without!!

I feel VERY grateful for you ( you know who you are)!!

10 comments:

Sheri Willardson said...

That is so great-I am glad you have found a great village to raise your family in.

We miss having you in our village! :)

nevadanista said...

Yay that you have such a nice village, and yay that you're back. I thought maybe you gave up blogging ;-)

Crazy 1 looks so much older!

Harlene said...

Thank you for being a part of my virtual village!

I am glad to hear your being looked after, miss you!

Beck said...

We cant live without you either Trish! Love you!

Heids said...

Hey Trish! So this was my first time navigating a blog--I know that is really embarressing. I just like to think that I'm living in the 50's with no computers because we just don't get along... I loved that I actually made it on a blog--it made me want to do more nice things so that I will be on MORE blogs!!! And by the way, I love all the crazies--I won't show any favoritism.

Danila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valarie said...

I absolutely love this post - you should be a writer!

J-Lo said...

Based on Rachel's recent post, you play a valuable role in whatever village you happen to reside!

Lewis Family said...

Me, me, me again, just kidding. Sign me up I want to be a part of your village, but only if there is no HOA!!!

No Mommy Brain said...

this was so inspiring! i am going to try to make my village a little more like your village...
what the heck is a boo basket?